Sunday, December 28, 2008


Ooppss!


I had marched before, and was the squadron leader for a few years, for the Red Crescent (Red Cross in other countries) squad. I can recall vividly the times we spent marching under the hot sun, underwent military marching training from the Army, and stood at attention for more than 2 hours under the burning sun, in preparation for the annual school sports day, the annual Red Crescent Day and of course, the interschool marching competition.

I wasn't the highest ranked officer, only a Corporal (2 stripes), but because I had the loudest voice, strict discipline and good marching skills, I was chosen to lead the marching squad. And it was fun, marching. And it feels really good to be in uniform :) Guess which one is me? :)

Thank God that for the many times I had marched, nothing like the above had ever happened!!! LOL I wonder if he continued or stepped away. Continuing will be really risky! And too revealing! Hahaha...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Magendie said...

Hi! I'm over from Reduce Footprints to thank you for that comprehensive 'study' or research on soap, etc, ingrediants!

Love the blog look - is that snow falling! :)
kat
http://kathrynmagendie.spaces.live.com/

Monday, December 29, 2008 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

You are the fourth from the right hand side on the front row? Not sure I'm right about that....

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:38:00 AM  
Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

Wow--were you?

But I couldn't distinguished where are u in this picture?

But maybe, u were one of those guys who were on bended kneess?? Hmn, yah?

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:54:00 AM  
Blogger Inge' said...

When I was in the USMC, women did not qualify with a weapon like they do now. So the first time I ever held an M-16 was in a parade.

During practice we were told if we did anything wrong, to just keep going like we were right! Needless to say when it came time to salute with the weapon mine was facing the wrong direction!
Fortunately, this was a dry run and they were able to move me to back before the real parade started:)

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

You're most welcome, Kathryn :) It's something I enjoy doing. And yes, it's snowing at my blog at the moment ;)

WOW! Donna, you are SPOT ON! Yes, that's me! You deserve a prize for that.

Mys Lyke Meeh, close, but not close enough :) Good try!

Inge'... whoops! That can be quite embarassing :) Especially the salute part when you march past all the VIPs, and what with EVERYONE looking!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home